EnChroma Prescription Guide
Almost all of EnChroma styles and indoor and outdoor lenses can be customized for your personal prescription. Simply follow these steps:
- Shop Our Collections and select your favorite frame style and lens type.
- Click on the "BUY IN PRESCRIPTION" button and choose either Single Vision or Progressive.
- Add the glasses to your cart, proceed to checkout, place your order and then an email will be sent out to you requesting your prescription details, remember to check in your spam folder!
1. Make sure your prescription contains:
- Prescription information for both right and left eyes.
- Pupillary Distance (PD) number. Pupillary Distance is the distance (in millimeters) between the center of your pupils (see diagram below).
2. Your prescription should be within these ranges:
- Single Vision: SPH -4 to +3 CYL -4 to +4
- Progressive: SPH -4 to +3 CYL -4 to +4 ADD +1 to +3
3. Your prescription must be current. Most prescriptions need to be renewed every two years. Also, be sure that your prescription is signed by your eye care professional.
4. Due to EU laws around the supply of prescription glasses we are unable to provide prescription glasses to anyone under the age of 18.
5. We are also unable to provide prescription glasses to a person registered as sight impaired or severely sight impaired.
Thinking of Giving Prescription EnChroma Glasses as a Gift?
Gifting prescription EnChroma glasses can be daunting given the need for accurate measurements and added cost. Two excellent alternatives are our fitover sunglasses that fit conveniently over most prescription glasses.
Due to the added cost of creating a prescription lens specific for an individual our returns policy for custom spectacles is more in line with standard retailers for prescription glasses. Please do ensure the Enchroma lenses work for you first by either trying a demonstration pair at your local retailer or first purchasing a fitover pair.
Enchroma will issue a full refund or replacement of goods in all instances where:
- Prescription glasses/sunglasses or contact lenses are supplied to the wrong prescription/specification
- Products are supplied damaged
- You exercise your cancellation right and you have canceled the contract between us within the fourteen-day cooling-off period.
For further details please see our returns policy here
Additional Information about Prescription Details:
Typical processing time is 4-6 weeks once prescription information has been received and verified.
Here’s an example of what a single vision prescription would look like. For single vision lenses, please be sure to provide a Pupillary Distance (PD) as defined below.